Wow, where has this year gone? I’ve been exceptionally busy with photography and editing that I’ve not even had time for a holiday! Today is Bonfire night… it’s a bit of rainstorm where I’m currently sat, so I’m hoping the rain will subside for the local displays later this evening. With that, I’ve managed to escape my hometown to enjoy a week away in Wales. The weather has somewhat been wetter than I can ever remember but that hasn’t stopped me enjoying some much needed time out. I did bring along some photography work to be getting along with during times where I wouldn’t be doing much. As I enjoy doing what I do, I don’t mind at all editing those wonderful horse photos. It kills a few hours anyway then as the rain stops, so do I and go and stretch my legs. When it’s been clear skies here, the sky has lit up with millions of stars and a Milky Way or two – darker to the human eye but it was certainly there. I’m pretty sure if we had a telescope or Astro tracker with a camera attached, I’d see just how beautiful it actually was.
So the point to this post is firstly to say – if you’re having fireworks over the weekend and you have neighbours with pets or live more rurally and there are neighbouring farms close by – don’t forget to be kind and drop by to just let them know. This gives people then the opportunity to be prepared adding in extra comfort to their animals to prevent a lot of distress, make provisions to make spooking less when it comes to livestock/horses so that everyone can have an enjoyable evening. Being prepared will prevent a considerable amount of unnecessary accidents of our beloved animals.
The second point, is to share some horse/pony photoshoots that took place in November 2021 and why Autumn is just the perfect setting to book in. The reasons why:
- Horses looking exceptionally smart ow they’re clipped out
- Golden yellows and oranges plus those deep red colours of the leaves on the trees
- That beautiful hazy sunshine
- Sunrises and sunsets are an added bonus as the timings are so much more accommodating than the summer
- You can pull out those fabulous sweaters and accessorise with scarves, pom pom hats and autumnal jackets –
- Dogs are much cooler now when out walking as the temperature has dropped
- All the greens are now just as they should be
- Not being pestered by flies of any kind – now that is quite an added bonus!!
If you would like to book me for your autumnal photoshoot, then please drop me an email at tracey @tmsphotography.co.uk (space is deliberate for bot purposes – please don’t leave one).
Photoshoot sessions start from £395.00 inclusive of a 16″ framed and mounted print.