Ok, so I thought I would go into a little bit more detail about what an equine mini photoshoot is and how it works because this could be the perfect photoshoot for you. I’ll go into that further down the page. Firstly, what is a mini photoshoot? I’ve been asked this countless times so it is not a silly question. I can tell you, iIt doesn’t always involve mini horses or dogs although of course they’re most welcome. When I use the term mini in it just refers to a short photo session rather than my longer photoshoot experiences.
A mini photoshoot session generally is around 25-30 minutes long and is a great taster session to test out the water, as the saying goes! I usually run mini sessions on set days so I can be organised with my diary and am not driving around too much doing one pony there, another horse 10 miles away say and I offer them at anytime of the year. April this year seemed a good time. These days may well appeal to many and there are a multitude of reasons why a mini photoshoot could work for you…
- Mini sessions are great for when you haven’t got a lot of time spare so would prefer something good but quick
- They’re generally more affordable and usually come with an added product of some kind be it prints or digital files
- They’re great for the little persons as they’re not too intense so they get to enjoy their session with their pony
- Good for horses who don’t like fuss but you still want beautiful images of them
- Great for a yard get together where you each book an individual photoshoot of 30 mins each
- Perfect for young pups where the attention span is quite short
- Good for dogs who cannot be let off the lead in open spaces but you’d just like some beautiful imagery of them out and about
I am going to share some examples below of where the sessions were about 30 minutes long. I know that some will have concerns about the location but seriously you just have to put your trust in me and I’ll find the locations, particularly at yards and make the photo experience a good one and done within the allotted time give or take 5-10 mins. I hear it all the time that the yard isn’t picturesque but believe you me as a photographer, I see a lot of things differently to you. I see magic locations everywhere!! I really do… that’s why I just love my job!
So at the moment, I’m running mini sessions on these dates throughout April…the cost is £75.00 with 10 digitals included to use on Social Media.
7th April 2023 from 10.00am-12.30pm then 2.00pm-5.00pm
11th April 2023 from 10.00am-12.30pm then 1.30pm-4.30pm
22nd April 2023 from 10.00am-4.00pm
I’m based in the East Midlands, (DE11 area) – so local yards only within a 10-12 mile radius. I can travel further afield to neighbouring counties if 3 or more book in on one of the days above.
So this session below was all done in around 25 minutes just using parts of the yard around the stable block. We didn’t need to venture far at all plus the weather was a little wet. This pony was so on his toes we had to keep moving but he was incredibly photogenic. It is truly amazing the images that can be produced in such a short time frame and in a very small location.
These puppy images were all taken at home in the owners back garden.
The images below were taken during a walking the dog photoshoot. It works so well for so many dog owners.
Equine and dog photographer based in Derbyshire offering portrait experiences across the UK and beyond.